IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please note the following measures are in place in to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- The Metlakatla Band Office will remain closed until further notice, with non-essential services staff working remotely.
- The Metlakatla Ferry Service and North Co-Corp Ferry Service will cease regularly scheduled runs as of the end of March 20 until further notice.
- EffectiveMarch 20, the Metlakatla Community Van will no longer be operating.
- Non-residents are asked to refrain from visiting the community.
- Residents are asked to continue practicing social distancing and limit, as much as possible, their time in Prince Rupert. Please note that the Metlakatla Health Department is offering assistance for essential services from Prince Rupert, including shopping for groceries and medication that can then be sent to Metlakatla.
Look for additional updates here and at metlakatla.ca as more information becomes available.