The Coast Tsimshian Enterprises (CTE) Bursary Program is administered through the Lax Kw’alaams Business Development and Metlakatla Development Corporation, which provides money for Lax Kw’alaams and Metlakatla members to continue their post-secondary studies.
Eight CTE Bursaries of $500.00 each are available to Lax Kw’alaams and Metlakatla members pursuing post secondary education. The following conditions must be met before this bursary may be granted:
1) The candidate must be a Lax Kw’alaams or Metlakatla Band member.
2) Eligible applicants must include in their application: a. completed CTE Bursary Program Application 2022-23 b. 1-page letter of intent, explaining what their career objectives are c. copy of their status card d. copy of their registration receipt
3) The candidate must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution or trades training program.
4) This bursary must be used within 12 months of being awarded. The funds will be dispersed once proof of enrollment has been received by the CTE Bursary program.
5) Applicants may be in any year of their studies or apprenticeship. 6) Applicants may receive this bursary for up to two consecutive academic years of their program.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday May 31, 2022. To download or print a copy of the application, click here.